Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Snapshots

Quick snapshots of my weekend....
forgot my camera so it's all through the eyes of my blackberry. whoops.

Dinner at Girl and the Goat on Sunday. I wanted SO badly to love this restaurant....but I didn't. It was 3.5 star experience. Some food was great. Others was meh.

The worst part? Our table was ON TOP of another. Some gentleman's (well that's up for debate) back was pressed up against mine. And he was rude. He put his arm/elbow on the back of my seat. Ugh, get out of here!

My main 3 thoughts for the night:
1. Don't overcrowd your restaurant. You're not a cheap diner. $$$ should equal space.
2. $4 for bread and spread? Come on.
3. Pig face. Eww.



Saturday night I went out to dinner at Angelina's and caught up with friends. It's worth a stop even if it's out of your area...so delicious!

After dinner I met up with my cousin and his wife for a night out and see our friends in from London. It was J's first night out post-baby and her friend A bought her a mini bottle of Veuve. It was baby sized!



And finally, the joys of a FREE latte because of my gold card membership.


What did your weekend entail?

5 comments:

  1. eating while in a mosh pit? not fun.
    free latte? fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting experience it sounds like -to say the least!
    Amber's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love stealing restaurant ideas from you, you're helping me become a better Chicagoan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How disappointing about the Girl and the Goat. I seriously get anxiety when the tables are too close together and you can hear everyone's conversations and vice-versa. Your weekend sounds great! How exciting about J's first night out and the baby bottle of veuve is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your dining experience! I can't even shop in Forever 21 without feeling crowded so I can't imagine what the state of my nerves would be if some stranger had their arm resting on my chair.

    My boyfriend is obsessed with his gold card and has been bugging me to sign up forever (something about free tea refills).

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!