Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, March 7, 2011

Martha, Martha, Martha


Definitely just had a flashback to the Brady Bunch episode and Jen saying "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"

Well Martha, you've done it again. You've made me believe I can be incredibly crafty and talented as you. How do you do that?

By actually being better than all of us. That's how.

The past couple of weeks I've been scouring websites and Etsy for perfect invitations for A's (bro's fiance) bridal shower we're hosting. I can never find quite what I'm looking for. It's been an annoying search, that's for sure.

But Friday, my luck changed. I stopped by Michael's to look for some dye (long story) and ended up in the Martha Stewart Crafts section. HOLY SMOKES. Every little thing you could imagine. And it looked so neat and perfect. I then thought to myself, "well wait, if Martha makes everything why can't I?" Fast forward to uh about 20 minutes ago and I'm in the process of deciding if I want (should, can, will) to hand-make all the invitations. It's only 35 people, so not an enormous amount to send out, but still a challenge.

I'm thinking a perfect piece of cardstock + embossing + flair (yeah still not sure myself) could equal the best bridal shower invitations ever. ever? yikes, here i go getting carried away


Can I do it as good as Martha? uhhh...can anyone?

I mean just look at the embossing powder section! Hello, options.



We'll see what happens...

Are you a Martha Stewart Crafts fan? Have you ever made your own invitations? Am I already in the deep end!?

top two images via martha stewart

4 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of Martha's show. Something about how she talks but I love her magazine/website. I find lots of great tips there. You're not in over your head just stick to some time management!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
    Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the Martha stewart section of Michaels! Where have I been??? I need to go check it out. I love crafting but it's the ideas on what to craft that I have a hard time with. You should totally make the invitations!!! I agree, it's so hard to find great bridal shower invitations. I can't wait to see how it goes, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. went over to martha's site after reading your post, and totally found a great idea for save the dates..!! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since Martha's magazine suggested a buckwheat crepe wrapped around ham and sharp cheese, I've been skeptical of her awesomeness. The final product was not okay.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!