Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday's Thoughts

It's Tuesday, which for most of us means we've made it through the nasty excuse of a day called Monday. Why are Mondays so brutal?? ANYWAY...

I've been up in my ears lately preparing for the biggest test of my life: THE bar exam. Eek. I dilly-dallied the first month of the summer (like most people) and now it seems like there's not enough time in the day. The exam is 1 week from today and I'm freaking out. So in an attempt to not pass out from sleep deprivation, cry from stress, or blink repeatedly while looking at my outlines, I decided to take a much needed BREAK!

So I sat here and thought about what to write. I've had so many ideas for blog posts and now BOOM! nothing. How depressing. But then I thought, hey, I'll just write about things I'm currently obsessed with.

HERE WE GO...

1. Starbuck's Rewards: Seriously blogger-friends, get in the know with Sbux rewards. Not only are they amazing, but they are necessary! So you go to Starbuck's a lot, huh? Well they've started a program where you pay with a gift card you register online (protects your balance!) and everytime you use this card you get stars. After 5 you get free syrups and soy!! (which is huge for us soy drinkers) After 30 you get your own personalized gold card. Here's a link for the details...everyone seriously CHECK IT OUT. and More importantly...here is my GOLD CARD (your name is on it, but I blurred mine out...) Receiving it was the highlight of my week

https://www.starbucks.com/card/rewards




2. Inception: My oh my. Did anyone else see it? Was hooked from Hans Zimmer's score and the first five seconds of the movie. Dream or reality? Guilt running your life? Affecting your work? It's the small subtle clues here and there that make you second guess everything. The ending, thank you Christopher Nolan, for keeping it as ambiguous as the other 2 hours of the movie. I love movies where YOU, the viewer, get to decide what happens. Yes, maybe the truth is in there, but until I see it again, I'm blissfully happy with my interpretation.






3. Florence + the Machine: Thank You, USA for running a F+M song in your Covert Affairs show. I knew I heard it before and immediately bought the cd on iTunes. Best purchase in months. I love music like this...great beats, amazing lyrics and a chorus that gets stuck in your head forever. I highly recommend heading over to youtube and checking out the full versions of the songs. The 30 second iTunes previews won't do it justice. In fact, here is their song for the song Dog Days are Over


Florence & The Machine: Dog Days are Over

4. Fedoras: I'm Norwegian/Irish so therefore incredibly pale. While I'm not saying I'm basking in the Caribbean sun, I find that Chicago can have some intense rays! Now, I like a good baseball cap...but not when I'm wearing a sundress and wedges. I save baseball hats for White Sox games, jogs along the lake, and dirty hair days! So when fedoras made their way back into the stores, you betcha I was one of the first to grab one. Do you have a cute, chic way to keep the sun out of your eyes and the rays from damaging your skin?


Image via http://www.strawfashion.com/straw-fedoras.php

5. Lululemon: Ms. Lulu, I am forever in your debt. I could live in your relaxed fit pant and your scoop neck tanks are AH-mazing. Thank you for making tanks that actually support those of us who need the extra support! Nothing more uncomfortable then running a couple miles or posing in down dog and feeling like you're flying all over the place.


Images via lululemon


So, sorry for the lame post tonight...But tell me, what are your thoughts for this Tuesday? Any favorites?

2 comments:

  1. How crazy is it that I was literally (last night) wondering who/what that song was while watching something on TV w/my husby (I am racking my brain trying to remember what show it was on!) But anyhow now I know who the artist is and what the song is! Hoooray! and thanks! Will def check out the cd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so happy you found them. I love new music discoveries :) Let me know if you end up liking the cd!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!