Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Friday, March 11, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday--First Post!

Bit of alliteration with all those Fs, huh?

This is my first week with FBFF so without further ado, here we go!

1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does
blogging fall?
I really enjoy blogging but it's not # 1 on my list. I feel like in order to have something interesting to say you should actually experience it! I do set a lot of time aside to write posts and I find that I read other blogger's blogs almost daily!

2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all
it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you
do have to be as productive as possible?
I try to write a couple posts at a time. I get in a writing binge of sorts and hammer out a couple at a time. I also keep lists of posts and topics I'd like to write about. Lists make everything easier for me!

3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or
more time efficient?
I love sites like Polyvore where I can create collages of items I want and easily place the html code into my blog and voila, it's finished!

4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps
you plan ahead?
Lately I've been making lists about posts and figuring out when I would like to post them. The scheduling tool is incredibly helpful especially when I know I'm going to have a busy week.

5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for
your blog that you aren’t doing now?
I wish I had more time for DIYs and Recipes...maybe some outfit posts. I guess I'd like to do more personalized posts?

6 comments:

  1. good answers, doll - especially the one about experiencing in order to be able to write about it.. !
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I'm the same way with my lists. They make everything easier and calm me down when I feel like i have a million things to do. And I love the scheduling tool!

    Thank you so much for the book recommendation! I'm definitely going to look for it this weekend. Your St Patrick's day Saturday plans sound really fun. And also exhausting, so good thing you have sunday free to relax. Have a great weekend!

    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your answers too!! I also wish I could do more DIY's and recipes for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is so much fun but it does take a lot of time away from other things. I love all of the tips and yes polyvore is a wonderful tool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your insight. It is hard to balance life and blogging, so it's always good to hear from a fellow blogger about their time-saving tips.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!