Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sweet Tooth Overload

I cannot stop eating sweets. I have a magnetic pull toward them, I guess? I like a good dessert here and there but lately it seems like it's all day, every day. It's becoming a bit of a problem! especially when it feels like my jeans are a wee bit tight...

Lately I've been obsessed with:

Girl Scout's Thin Mint Slow Churned Ice Cream.
so good, go and get it! it's only out for a limited time!
and has prompted me to look for a thin mint cookie recipe...



I made Valerie's Homemade Milano cookies that were such a hit they were gone in 36 hours. Well, maybe 24 :)



I also made my Diet Cherry Pepsi Cupcakes which are not only tasty, but low cal! I blogged about the recipe here.




And finally....the "you know you've got a problem when" recipe. I had bought vanilla bean ice cream (which i love) but wanted something gooey and tasty to top it with. I didn't have any chocolate sauce and I stared at my peanut butter in the pantry thinking I could do something with it...Oh yes I did.



yes, don't judge my 4 huge scoops of vanilla ice cream. it was one of those days...haha

Turns out 2 tablespoons of water, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and 1/4 c. of sugar will give a LOT (it says 2 servings, but it's a large amount, believe me) of peanut buttery heaven.
Pour it over your ice cream and dive in. It is delish and easy!
Just boil the water and sugar together for one minute. Pull from the heat and mix the PB in until melted.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

The second is finding more recipes :)

4 comments:

  1. My Tuesday is now looking up, I'm headed to the store for that ice cream asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, the peanut buttery goodness looks incredible!!! I've always thought they should make a peanut butter sauce instead of hot fudge for sundaes. Amazing!!! I'm so glad the milanos were a hit! And i need to try the thin mint ice cream. I also noticed that they have samoa ice cream now! I'm been in a sugar overload recently too. I blame Ben & Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this almost made me drool - that sounds SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will admit that one of my favorite things in the world is to swirl in pb to my ice cream. The bf taught me to add pretzels. PB, pretzels, and sometimes even chocolate chips make a great little sundae. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!