Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Thoughts



Awards season is finally over.

Here's my take on the 2011 Academy Awards.

-Melissa Leo's speech was too dramatic for me. Didn't feel real---felt phony.

-Everyone was wearing emerald jewels. Love!

-Christian Bale's speech was adorable.

-Thought The Social Network would win for Best Director.

-Robert Downey Jr., you are not only charming but very attractive.

-Reese Witherspoon aka Miss Barbie. Holy Pony!

-I hope I look like Helen Mirren when I'm 65. Gorgeous.

-Best Dressed: Mila Kunis, Cate Blanchett, Hilary Swank

-Not the Best Dressed: Marisa Tomei, Melissa Leo, Jennifer Hudson.

-Colin Firth: I adore you. And your speech. And your acting in TKS.

-Thought the choir and Oscar winners together was sweet.

-Anne Hathaway & James Franco. :::sigh::: you just didn't do it for me. Franco acted like he was too cool. Hathaway had to pull the slack. It was an ugly combo. Poor Anne. She seemed genuinely happy and excited to be there. Which begs the question---where was HE the whole night?!

And that's a wrap on Oscars 2011 for LLT!

What did you think of this year's Oscars?

5 comments:

  1. i missed the Oscars...I only noticed when it was about 10:00 :/
    thanks for the updates though!
    oh, and I grabbed your button but its different...? go see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this because I was a total loser last night and had to work through the whole show. But with this update, I feel a little more in the loop for office conversation today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way about James Franco and Anne. He seemed like maybe he was on something? And she seemed really awkward. I guess this is why they usually go for older hosts. I vote for Alec Baldwin next year! Also agree about Robert Downey Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, James Franco was totally absent the whole night. I liked Anne's enthusiasm!

    norma
    norma-inthisworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I know after the awards show is that I have to go out and see The King's Speech. Didn't think it looked all that great, but have heard nothing but incredible things!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!