Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, September 6, 2010

Who Doesn't Love 3-Day Weekends?

Happy Labor Day, Bloggers! What did your 3-day weekend entail? Mine was incredibly relaxing and low-key. Did some shopping, saw The American (damn you George Clooney, give me my 2 hours back) had our family's fantasy football draft and celebrated my birthday! Phew, what a weekend!

As for my birthday, I'll have to post some pictures once I get them on my computer...for now, it's all mobile shots :) Got some great gifts from the fabulous people in my life. This deserves a post of it's own and I'll do it later this week :) One of my absolute favorite things is champagne. MMM love it! And I received a lovely bottle of Veuve from my friend. Yay!




OK...onward. Saw The American and it truly was bad. Like I checked my cell phone about 12 times. And picked at my manicure. And sent death stares over my shoulder to the slob, I'm sorry, man who was chomping on popcorn and crumbling his bag like an animal. I really wish we would have just seen Going the Distance or something light...After the movie, however, I did see some pretty CLASSY people at the bar/restaurant we went to.
Point in case. This was a MAN. Enough said.



And on to the lovely lady in her leather Pittsburgh Steelers jacket (this is not a shot at the team, don't worry!) It was more fun that she was 1) black-out drunk slamming shots and 2) using her jacket to shimmy up to the band and shake her sexy self for the singer (who is wearing the hat above. seriously.)



And then it was time for the Fantasy Football Draft. Think we got an ok team. I really don't know about these things.


And what is a party without goodies? We had burgers, brats, salads, desserts, munchies, you name it! But NOTHING and I'm telling you NOTHING was a bigger hit than Carrie's Shrimp & White Cheddar Stuffed Jalapeños. They were spectacular. And easy! The only time consuming bit was cutting the jalapeños and getting the seeds out. Note to self...don't then touch your nose. I felt as though I was a dragon for about 40 minutes. I eventually doused a paper-towel with milk and stuffed it up my nose. People, this is not glamorous, it was 100% necessary. I do have a picture, but I don't even think I can share it. Makes my nose burn.

Pre-paprika sprinkling and grilling. They were gone too soon to snap an after picture!

So that was my weekend add in some shopping and Pumpkin Spice Soy Latte heaven and there you have it...

How was your Labor Day Weekend? Relaxing? Crazy? Gone too soon? Hey, at least it's already Tuesday and the work week isn't as long :)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great bday--I agree that Veuve is the perfect gift to receive! ;) I'll have to make those stuffed jalepenos soon, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. def gone too soon!
    looks like you had fun..watching drunk crazies is always fun ;)
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great weekend! Veuve is my favorite! Those stuffed jalapenos look amazing.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. your birthday fun sounds delightfully amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The long weekend was so fabulous! We need more of those ;-) And those Stuffed Jalapeños? Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!