Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Am I MacGyver? DIY Necklace into a Belt

So only a couple hours ago I blogged about my dress dilemma. This resulted in me standing in front of my closet for about 45 minutes just staring. And then over at my jewelry. Then shoes. Then bags. I mean, this was a dilemma! and an incredible use of my time. riiiight.

And then I started playing with the necklaces I bought and seeing which one looked the best. I wasn't sure if the necklace was laying right. Or maybe I was just being crazy picky.

So I was holding the necklace and it hit me.
BAM! This necklace would look so chic as a belt. But how? It's an odd looking clasp because it's a fold over clasp so there is room on both sides for something to be looped through it.

I grabbed a black satin sash/belt thing I bought years ago and looped it through the clasps. I tied it in the back and Ta-Da!







Now, I'm not Project Runway bound, but I was so impressed with myself!


And since I'm so desperate for it to be Fall in Chicago and NOT high 80 degrees. I made Paula Deen's Pumpkin Bars yesterday. OHHHHHMYGOD. So good. I mean, it's Paula. Come on, you know it's good. I kept the cream cheese frosting separate so if I want it, I could spread it on. If not, I could eat the pumpkin bar for breakfast, you know, so it's healthy haha who am I kidding ;)

Some of you asked how I did it so here are a few pics to show you. Just the side of the necklace/belt, how I tied it in the back, and what the necklace clasp actually looks like!







13 comments:

  1. Hooray! Don't u love when you get lightning bolt ideas like that? It looks fabulous!
    (and so does that pumpkin thing. lordeeee.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That belt is fabulous!!

    xo
    jess

    http://cheapbutchicclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The belt looks amazing! Very well done :)

    <3, natasha
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome idea!!

    i heart all things pumpkin :) i'm putting these on my to bake list, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one cute belt!:D Good job!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the neck-belt and am going to need to make that recipe ASAP! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed! Great idea! Love those leopard print wedges too!


    tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. shoot girl, total macgeyver. i'm jealous of your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cool makeover! Who would've thought! Girl - you got STYLE!

    :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT as a belt! Take a picture of the back - did you tie a bow? Like a large bow or just a knot?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that belt! Looks fabulous!

    And be sure to enter my giveaway:

    http://showstopper22.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-1st-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a genius! That necklace looks fantastic as a belt. Very well done. And the pumpkin bar looks mouthwatering. I love the idea of leaving the frosting off so you can have them for breakfast. Yum!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!