Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm Having a Dress Dilemma

I need a dress for a wedding in October. It's formal, but not black tie, and I swear I can't find anything.

I've debated doing Rent the Runway but then that's kind of like throwing out your money.

I bought this dress in a rich navy color. But now I just don't know. I want to be able to wear one of these fun necklaces I bought the other week.


Is it too boring? Sometimes I hate dress shopping. And of course all the ones I fall in love with are $$$$.

And I kind of want to wear these shoes not with the blue dress but maybe with a different dress...just because I'm feeling the animal prints now and it's a fun way to spice up a dress. Plus they're so darn comfortable. They're Stuart Weitzman and I've actually decided almost all of his shoes are comfortable.

Confession: one day I took pictures of all my shoes to put on the outside of the shoe boxes. I know, I know. OCD.



Any recommendations for stores that currently have great fall cocktail dresses?? And come back tomorrow, it's time for another Freebie Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Ann Taylor!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scored a BCBG satin/lace dress at Filene's basement for $20 ... bought it for a wedding, ended up not wearing it.
    What about French Connection? I love their dresses (expensive, but different)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I love this one and if it's in navy and you put on one of those fab chunky necklaces from last week I think it could be gorgeous. Do you have strappy metallic heels? I think that could push it right to the limit - imagine that neckline with the jewelry, a wrap around your shoulders in the eve a la audrey hepburn and some silvery strappy heels?

    makes me giddy with possibility!! let us know what you decide!!

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and hair up! hair up!! or in low bun or low tight pony? or even down and kind of behind ears...gah i've got to stop! so many options!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the dress you got is perfect! and you can TOTALLY wear the leopard shoes with it, it will look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. & i think it's great that you took pics of your shoes ;)

    organizing is fun hehe

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!