Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, September 27, 2010

Make a Panini Without a Panini Press

I don't know about you, but I love a good panini. I also love kitchen gadgets. But honestly, who has the space for them?

Here is the easiest way to create your own panini press. Grab something heavy. Grab some aluminum foil. Done.

I took a 5lb barbell and wrapped it in foil (so it wouldn't burn or anything. actually, I don't know why) Then I took a skillet that would completely fit over the skillet I was using and covered the bottom of it with foil and sprayed it with non-stick spray.





Then take whatever you want to make your panini. For us, it was Caprese! Yum! I sliced fresh ciabatta bread, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and garlic. You'll also need olive oil and balsamic viniagrette.



I minced the garlic and mixed it with olive oil to brush on the bread.

Then I placed the mozzarella on the bread, topped it with tomato and basil.




Next, I put a little bit of a balsamic reduction on the other piece of bread.



Finally I put the sandwich on the skillet, placed my DIY panini press on top and boom! About 5 minutes on each side, medium heat.



Enjoy, enjoy! And the best part is you can clean by tossing your aluminum foil and do a couple bicep curls ;)


Do you have any easy recipes or DIY kitchen gadgets?

4 comments:

  1. I'm such a sucker for any deliciousness caught on film! drooooooool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuummmm! I might have to try this ;)

    xo
    jess
    http://cheapbutchicclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! i love all paninis.
    xx anna jane
    http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmmy! such a great idea too :D
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!