Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Effortless Enchiladas

I'm about to tell you the easiest way to make the tastiest chicken for enchiladas, tacos, nachos, whatever!

It is not only incredibly easy but it is so.darn.tasty. So here it is. Enjoy it...I know you will!

What you'll need:
-Crockpot
-3 frozen chicken breasts
-1 can of Rotel or diced tomatoes/green chilies
-1 package of taco seasoning



1. Mix Rotel and taco seasoning in a bowl.
2. Place FROZEN chicken in crockpot.
3. Dump Rotel/Seasoning mixture on top.
4. Cover, cook on low for 6 hours.
5. Pull the chicken apart with a fork...enjoy!

Is that easy or what?!?! Now, you can do just about anything with this meat. You can add it to a salad. You can make quesadillas. Tacos. Burritos. Whatever your heart desires.


Here is a super easy and tasty enchilada recipe.

Take 8 taco sized tortillas and fill them with chicken. Roll the tortillas and place in a baking dish with the seam side down. Top the enchiladas with a can of enchilada sauce. Sprinkle shredded cheese all over the top. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.




Top the enchiladas with a can of enchilada sauce. Sprinkle shredded cheese all over the top. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.




Then bust out a fork and knife and dive right in! This is seriously so easy and will take you a matter of 15 minutes to put everything together and then 6 hr 10 minutes to bake (hellllo cooking while at work!)

I LOVE the crockpot. (Sometimes I worry about myself.) Do you have any go-to crockpot recipes? Do share!!


And here I go crossing off # 1 on my fall to-do list I'm not going to blog about the process because it was quite the ordeal haha but I made it out alive and everyone enjoyed it!! And, no, we didn't eat enchiladas and apple pie. Gross.


I mean, I never said I was a pastry chef...haha and I got a little too cinnamon crazy on the middle. whoops!

3 comments:

  1. i have always wanted a crock pot, now i think i absolutely NEED one :)

    i kinda wanna eat my computer screen right now.

    i <3 anything cheesy and saucey annnnd tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't have a crackpot here, i left mine at home..WAHHHHHHH. And I can't find one. my winter is going to suck :(

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!