Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Want v. Need

I have a problem with wanting. I want new shoes, a bag, a weekend away. The fact is, I don't need any of this. I have a closet FULL of shoes. More bags than I can use. And I travel enough as it is (although I can't rule this out, travel is a necessity to me)

Why is it so hard to draw the line between what you want and what you need? Sometimes it's easy (Lack of funds for the purchase...) Sometimes it seems so difficult (Fall is approaching...you've seen my wish list!) Sometimes it's incredibly basic: food, shelter, etc.





So why is there always varying levels in what we want to do and what we should do? It's so irritating...

How do you find the balance in your day-to-day life? How do you decide what is necessary and what is a luxury?

7 comments:

  1. Want vs Need? That's a tough one!! If there is something that I'm craving... a new necklace, or watch or gorgeous dress, I'll just think about it for a few days and if I still want it, and if it's still there, then I buy it. I figure it's meant to be ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Love, Love, Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's really hard, sometimes you want something so bad it seems like you need it.i think it's like hardwired in our brains to just want want want! i struggle w/ this problem alllll the time;) <3 gina

    www.lilmissfina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a question. I have such an issue with this. I never buy anything because I NEED it, it is always because I want it. If you find out any hot tips, let me know :)
    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey doll! Just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog! Congrats :)

    <3,
    natasha @ twenty-something blog
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is to weird!! I just published my new post, then came over here and the topic is the same!! Great minds think alike.

    I am struggling with the want vs. need right now too. It must be the change in season.

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a hard time balancing these- I hardly ever buy thing I want- I try to JUST stick to need- Sometimes I need nice things- but usually I don't shop for the sake of buying something- I go buy something when I need it.

    Nice to meet you- I follow now so I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ughghg I hate the want vs. need thing because I don't need anything right now! I have to stick to a budget anyway, so - that really dictates it. Unless I convince Mark to get it for me as a present for just being awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!