Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Liver Detox Time

Have any of you ever done a detox or cleanse? My friend really wanted to try this one and hey, it can't hurt, so I joined her.

We're trying the Fast Track Liver Detox which was created by Ann Louise Gittleman. It's an 11 day detox that focuses on ridding your body of toxins, improve your health and drop some unwanted LBs!

The details for the detox can be found in Ann's book or the basics are posted in many online articles. Here's the link that I've been following.

You prep your body for a one day fast by following a very healthy, very green diet for 7 days. Then you drink the Miracle Juice (I am not even making that up...) for 1 day and go back to the food from the first 7 days and add some additional liver helpers for 3 more. Then TA-DA! You're done :)

A look at the amount of produce overtaking the kitchen

So far it isn't too terrible. I'm saying this from day 2 haha but I do miss my carbs. It's a gluten free diet with lots of greens and water. You're supposed to drink half your weight in ounces. Again, I feel like I'm floating haha but it's good.

I'm going to try to make some gluten free turkey burger patties tonight. Hope they're delicious and satisfying.


Have any of you done a detox/cleanse? If so, did you think it was worth it? And do any of you follow a gluten free diet? Just wondering if you do what you snack on and enjoy.


I'll keep you updated. Hoping I have the willpower to continue for the next 9 days! And I am about to start on a really neat DIY project that I'm hoping you'll enjoy! Hoping to have it completed by Thursday. Lots of down time for watching paint dry :)

3 comments:

  1. i did colonix for 90 days. oh yeah you read that right 9-0 days. it was the BEST, but tough for the first month. about passed out a few times.

    i keep a gf diet and eat: pecans, walnuts, almonds, pickled peppers, blue diamond nut thins - several flavors of nut and rice crackers, all kinds of fruits and veggies, as well as baked chips.

    you name it, i'll list it - let me know if you want any other ideas/specifics.

    ps-you will love gf turkey burgers. i don't use egg or gf crumbs. try mixing in diced up jalapeno and mushroom. seriously amazing.

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could survive on any kind of diet. If I don't eat every 2 hours I get all shaky.. and if I don't eat a real meal for dinner I feel sick. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea. I've alwasy wanted to do a detox, and this one sounds safe and bearable. I can't wait to see what you think in the end.

    xo M

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!