Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Make It Your Own

I've always wanted my own office. You know, something official. I had an "office" area in my previous loft but never a legitimate office.

Well, I finally have one. After seizing the room for myself :) I set up shop this afternoon and it's not yet done, but so far so good. I'm currently tossing the idea around of some wall decals. Problem is picking just one...I do, however, love Byrdie Graphics on etsy.

These are pretty:



And I decided to put all my flowers on the sideboard under the window. They're the best kind: fake. haha No, seriously I have killed about 6 orchids. Which in return, just kills me because I want to be one of those people who can care for a plant. It's just not turning out in my favor...



Finally, a look at my desk. I like how it's more of a table, a raw workspace. I've got a necessary iPod stereo and some frames (which need updated pictures asap) and the glass box from my console table.




I absolutely love this picture of my grandpa when he was working at Nabisco. He was the chief engineer of this wall of knobs you're looking at...looks very Dharma Initiative, doesn't it?!?





The chalk board/organizer above is both practical and cute. I love chalkboards and I want a chalkboard wall in my kitchen someday.




Last but not least...a figure that needs no introduction. My new mascot. Don't ask me why a Venetian Carnivale mask is on this wooden figure, but it is. And it works. (for me) Now I'm just thinking of good names!





How have you made a space your own? Especially at the office/work. What do you do for personal touches?

Come back tomorrow because it's going to be my second FREEBIE FRIDAY!

3 comments:

  1. We kind of have an office room and share a desk...at my old house I had an office and my favorite thing was the curtains I picked out for it! You should totally do the wall decals, it will look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a crush on the etsy wall decals. Soooo lovely.

    <3,
    natasha

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!