Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Weekend is Over Already??

Ugh. Another weekend come and gone. Bummer. I had a nice little weekend...hope you enjoyed yours as well!

Friday I had a nice lunch with my mom (where I ate chocolate chip & banana french toast yummm!) and then golfed 9 holes with the usual crowd. The usual crowd consists of my brother, dad, and my dad's work friend. It's always fun and sometimes I'm okay, sometimes I'm terrible. Only complaint this round was the amount of mosquitoes!! Chicago is having one of the rainiest summers ever recorded so I get it, they're around, but ick. Nothing worse than quarter sized skeeter bites!

Saturday was a day of projects and errands. I used this to start another quick and painless DIY...post to follow when it's complete!




And luckily I was able to fit in some time for this:

Love pedicures...chose You're a Pisa Work and it's perfect!



I ended up organizing the bathroom and relaxing Saturday night. Then I slept 11 hours. Whoops! :)

Today was by far the best day because I got to babysit my niece, P! My mom and I went over while my cousin and her husband went to a baseball game. It was so fun. P is definitely a small peanut (she's 10 weeks and still tiny). She's starting to smile now and is always on the move. It took 30 attempts to get a picture of her because we kept laughing and saying she was like Ray Charles and always bobbing her head. She's quite adorable & I just love her to pieces!



Lastly, as I said in a previous post, I am notorious for my mobile uploads. I find random things and always snap pics on my cell phone. This one isn't the best, but I just thought it was T-A-C-K-Y. I'm not a huge fan of vanity license plates and this is just lame. Umm get over yourself, thanks!



I hope everyone had a great weekend. Did you do anything exciting or fun?

9 comments:

  1. i love pedicures too. i chose "ruby pumps" for my nails and toenails. something exciting i did today, hmm... we went to neiman marcus to check out chanel bags. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH I hate vanity license place, the epitome of tacky!
    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com
    Enter my giveaway to win an OufiLondon handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ew i don't like vanity plates either! and that jessica simpson airbrushed article you sent me was a riot - i can't believe those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! Mine was not so hot - my husband and I are redoing our patio. Can't wait to be done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! I can't say i'm bummed for the week to start b/c it means I get to escape the school trap I was in this weekend :) lol. Paige is adorable, and with that smile, how could you not love her!

    natasha @ twenty-something blog
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay that plate is ridic. why do they do this? oy

    paige is a sweetie!! sounds like the weekend was great, but maybe just not long enough. i think we should have a vote. everyone in favor of a 3 day weekend standard say i.

    okay it's unanimous. when does this start?

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, it sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! You did so much AND slept 11 hours! :) Your niece is just precious!

    Have a lovely week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I hope your sticky Chicago summers slacken a little. Mosquitoes, I believe, are nobody's best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a great weekend relaxing with my husband and daugther (plus my folks' dog while they are away). Lots of snuggly couch time since it rained all day Saturday, and then tennis and more time to do everything and nothing on Sunday.
    Love the variety of your wkend adventures...I have golfed a few times and really had fun, even though I need A LOT of practice!
    Your niece is a doll!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!