Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Giving it a try...

I have a product problem. That being I'll buy pretty much any product: Hair, Make-up, Skincare.

As my 26th birthday approached, I realized I need to start taking better care of my skin. Now, I'm not a tan freak and I always wear SPF and hats. BUT, I don't use any eye cream...and I've zoomed in on the area and have little lines already forming. AHHHHH.

So I went ahead and bought a new eye cream. I've heard great things about MdSkincare so I went to Sephora to check it out. Well it seems like they're doing new packaging for their products so the selection at Sephora was deeply discounted. SCORE!

I got the continuous eye hydration cream that retails for $45 for....wait for it...$9!! What a pleasant surprise since I was going there for it anyway!! It's incredibly light but truly packed with moisture. My eye area felt smoother and softer after only a couple days of using it. Plus you can use it in the AM or PM which is nice.

They're changing it from MDSkincare to just Dr. Dennis Gross. Not a fan of the name change, but whatever.

I'm also a HUGE fan of dry shampoo. I've always been incredibly loyal to BigSexyHair's dry shampoo but now I'm no longer rooting for them. The last 2 cans I've bought (at $17 each mind you...) have gotten completely clogged and unable to spray. I've cleaned the nozzles, soaked them in hot water, you name it, I tried it with no success. Ahhhnoying.

So I heard that Tresemmé had a nice dry shampoo and it was only $6 at Walgreen's. Sold!! And I have to say, so far so good. I like it. And it has a light citrus-y smell which is nice but not overwhelming. I'd definitey recommend it. Plus the fact that it's over $10 less, well that is just a bonus!



Do you have any products that you always use? Any new finds that you can't believe you didn't know of before?? Please share!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah so glad you tried the Tres emme dry shampoo. Almost bought it at Rite aid yesterday while picking up pictures.

    And the MD line- going to Sephora fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me more about dry shampoo ~ can u use it w/product remaining in your hair?

    I stay as far as I can from very sudsy face cleansers and opt for creamier varieties bc they don't dry. I use Noxzema, Cetaphil, & Oil of Olay Definity Illuminating Cream Cleanser for a VERY gentle scrub. And for moisture/daily spf I love Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew lotion. I use one pump on my face and another on my throat! At night I use Aveeno Positively Ageless night cream. Being 38 is scary! Luckily my mom is Asian and has very smooth and tight skin!! fingers crossed but sofar so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I haven't tried that brand of dry shampoo, but I'm going to test it out. I'm completely sold on the price! And how awesome that you got that moisturizer for only $9! What an amazing deal!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tips -especially the eye cream.
    I need it too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been debating the idea of dry shampoo for quite a while... thanks for the brand suggestion. Definitely worth giving it a shot for just $6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im going to have to give the Dry Shampoo a try!

    ChuckRefreshed

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love using eye cream, i can't say that it does anything for me but it just feels so luxorious to put on :) I'd love to know what you think of this eye cream.

    I'm 26 as well & I'm thinking it might be about that time to start buying antiwrinkle products...

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!