Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Housewife in Training??

So today a very weird thing happen. Around two o'clock as I sat on my laptop at the kitchen table I realized something. I was acting very much like a suburban housewife! Since I am neither married nor the owner of my house ahhh the joys of moving back in with your parents. Just call me failure to launch.
it seemed a bit odd to me. But then I thought, well since finishing the bar exam I haven't had anything to do. Literally not a thing. I moved and that was it. I'm currently unemployed and unpacking :)


Seriously...this is what I did today:
-woke up and went to grocery store to get refunded for the 58 redonk ears of corn.
-came home and made chocolate chip zucchini bread with the monster zucchini from the farmer's market. Future Blog post following. It was so so so tasty!
-took the left-over zucchini, cut it in thick slices and made a marinade. Mixed 'em together and put in a bag in the fridge for the afternoon. Who am I, Emeril?
-stared at my unruly eyebrows for twenty minutes wondering why they look so crazy
-contemplated working out. remained seated while the thought passed.
-got my hair cut & colored I no longer look homeless. Cheers all around!
-came home and cooked dinner.
-talked on the phone for 2 hours with a college friend while unpacking and tossing away a HUGE bag of clothes for goodwill (only honorable action of the day)

UMMM really? When did I become so domestic?? Zucchini bread & homemade marinades? I'm rolling my eyes at myself right now. But I have a confession to make...so far, I enjoy it, like a lot. I love looking up recipes...searching blogs for new recipe ideas and just doing the "housewife" thing. I think the reason I'm enjoying it so much is in the last 7 years I have never had time off to do nothing. I always had a job or something going on with school or externships. Which reminds me...finding a job is terrible! I'm just looking for something PT until my results and apparently no one wants to hire a law school graduate. I can't even get a job babysitting! Whatevs. Their loss.

It was a VERY rainy early morning here in Chicago. People are flooding everywhere :(
In my unpacking I rediscovered these fun boat shoes and wore them all day because they brought me out of the gloomy weather mood I was in.


Shoes by Coach, Cankles by yours truly hahaha


ANYWAY...on to more important topics like my hair :) I'm natural sandy/dirty blonde. I like highlights but I hate super dyed blonde on me b/c I feel like a fraud. So over the past 6-9 months my hair stylist has made me a bit too blonde for my liking. It wasn't all her fault, I never said anything. I brought in pictures of what I was envisioning (Whitney Port's color) and she did it pretty darn close. I'll have to post a picture tomorrow as it's currently in a hot mess of a bun on the top of my head thus ruining my blowout...

Big fan of the color up top...it's pretty blonde on the end. We'll see what I end up with...

Oh and as for posting pictures, my darn camera isn't working! What the eff! I guess a trip to Best Buy is in my future tomorrow and hopefully I still have that insurance coverage...probably not. Add it to the list of things I need!

Do you guys have anything in your closet that makes you instantly happier? I'm a big fan of rediscovering everything while I unpack and I hope to put it to good use! Too many things still have the tags on and that is a problem...



5 comments:

  1. Hmm looking at this it's completely different that in my draft post. The fonts and sizes are all messed up! grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your shoes, they're very cute! and the stuff you made sound super yummy. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that Emily Giffin in on your side blog. Isn't she the best!?!

    I have Uggs too and I just bought a new pair of knit ones. Love them!!!


    xoxo Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  4. when do the results come?
    enjoy your "nothing to do" time! I NEED some of that time...asap :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Whitney Port! Her style is always young and fresh!

    natasha @ twenty-something blog
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!