Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, December 13, 2010

Holiday Traditions: The Walnut Room

Oooooh, Ahhhhh!



Holidays are a time for traditions and The Walnut Room is just that!

The Walnut Room is a dining room in Marshall Fields, umm I mean, Macy's.
Marshall Fields will always hold a special place in my heart!




Anyway, around the Holidays they bring in this HUGE tree and each year there's a different theme for the decorations. I'll still never forget when it was Harry Potter and I hadn't heard of it yet and my Mom and I were like umm owls? This isn't very Holiday-ish. Little did we know!



The room is full of tables that start around the tree and move outward in a huge circle. The room is always full of excitement and holiday cheer. I don't even care how corny that sounds. It really is wonderful.



The theme of the tree this year is The Believe Symphony. It's whimsical and glittery. The perfect combination for a Christmas Tree.


And now onto the food! I started with the Poinsettia which is a cute way to say champagne & cranberry juice :) I had the Chicken Pot Pie and my Mom had the Butternut Squash Tortellaci. We split the Frango Mint (which is only at Macy's, well was only at Field's...) ice cream pie.
Frango Mint Ice Cream Pie = YOWZAS!!



I've been going to The Walnut Room for lunch or dinner with my Mom for as long as I can remember. My Grandma used to come with us too. It's a fun girls day and we usually go Christmas shopping after we've enjoyed our meal. It's definitely a tradition I hope to carry on forever.



If you're ever in Chicago during the Holidays you should stop in The Walnut Room even if only to see the tree!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - this is unbelievable!! When I first looked at the pictures, I thought that tree was in your house!! Can you imagine?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That Christmas tree is beautiful! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about doing this with my family when they're in Chicago next week. Now I'm convinced!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks SO beautiful! I love the symphony theme. And what a fun tradition! I'm sad to say that I didn't make it to the Walnut room. :( We just ran out of time, but it looks amazing from your pictures. I hope I get to see it in person someday!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous pictures.


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frango mint icecream...WHAT! Be still my heart (stomach)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WILL be there, maybe I'll go stop by! It's so gorgeous. Maybe that will get me in to the christmas spirit :) Sorry I've been so MIA, btw, i had such a busy w/e!! Catching up now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS I would so enter your giveaway but I'm in a diff country which would pry be complicated :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful is that tree? It is so sparkly and silver. I just love it!

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GORGEOUS space! I love that tree; it's so sparkly and beautiful.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!