Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, December 6, 2010

Brr Winter is Here

I'd like to know where Fall went? When did the weekend end? And how cold is it really going to get this year??


How is it already Monday?


Saturday I woke up to our first real snow! It just started coming down and took it's sweet time blanketing the whole Chicago area.

Later that night I had my friend L's bridal shower. It was at D.O.C. Wine Bar and not only was the food & wine great, but we giggled like little girls. It was such a great night out! Her maid of honor, and our mutual friend J, hosted the shower and she did one heck of a job!

My parents' backyard covered in snow!

Ozzie lives for the snow!

Boots are a must for weather like this. And I actually need to order a pair of cozy liners, mine are currently MIA.



I spent the rest of the weekend snuggled up in warm sweaters and throw blankets!


Hope your weekend was fabulous! And I really hope it wasn't as cold where you're at!

6 comments:

  1. what a cutieeee I love babies :)
    thanks for sending me the post ! It'll be a huge help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece is SO ADORABLE!!! How fun that you babysat her! I wish I lived closer to my niece and could see her all the time. And how fun that it snowed! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I completely agree about designers making "work dresses" a little too low cut/short/tight. I try to dress VERY conservative for work, so I feel like the options are limited. Thank you for the e-mail! I'll get back to you this morning, can't wait to meet up in person!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are so cute!! And you have hunter boots?? I'm so jealous!! Santa... PLEASE, I want a pair too!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't the snow beautiful here! I was loving every minute of it, even if I was freezing :) Also, totally gonna have to try that wine bar!

    Ok, now here is a serious question...since we moved here, I have seriously been considering Hunter boots. I want a pair of boots I can wear in the snow and slush, but still wear if I duck into a cozy restaurant or bar and not look like I am wearing mega snow boots. Will these do the trick? I am asking you as an expert Chicagoan :) Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok awesome, thank you SO much for your comment on my blog about the boots! I'm sold (though I wish I would have come to this conclusion BEFORE Christmas lists were due lol.) Guess I'll just have to buy myself some boots for Christmas :)

    Thanks again, happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your niece is SO cute!! Girl get those liners STAT - your feet had to be freezing in that snow. Yikes!!

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!