Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Moving Madness

Moving.Is.Terrible.

There, I said it. And the thing is, I've moved so many times and it's always irritating. The packing makes you believe you have WAY too much stuff. The photos sidetrack you and next thing you know it's been 35 minutes and you're Indian-style on the floor. The glasses and dishes make you mad as you wrap each platter and wine glass and think you should have entertained more because honestly who needs a 3 tiered glass dessert tray?

Ugh. Enough of that already. So here is what my move was really like. Studying 60 hours a week for the bar exam, my parents came down a couple times to grab clothes, etc. Then the day after the exam my dad and I packed up the rest of my apartment--- no big deal. The next part is where the move takes a turn for the worst.

I went to the White Sox game (Thursday night before Friday's move) with my uncle, mom and cousin. We started off in the Stadium Club and this was our view:


Four people. 8 beers. Necessary?

We then proceeded to our seats to consume more beverages and enjoy the win (12th game win streak! Go SOX!) while my mom and uncle slowed down on their beverage consumption. My cousin Jimmy and I, however, revved up our game. We then celebrated the win by having more drinks in my neighborhood bar, Kasey's.


Here is were I made the wrong decision. Stoli drinks were on special for $4, so thinking I was being economical I had 4 or 5 (I honestly cannot remember and the beer I was drinking all night was $3; not very economical, eh?) Blueberry Stolis & Sprites that were too Stoli heavy. I then stumbled home up the block at 2am (my cousin walked me home, what a gentleman!)

I passed out. Now for me, drunk sleep = no sleep. It's passing out. It's being a different state ala Inception where I'm in limbo. I don't sleep, I don't dream, I'm just unconscious on my bed. Friday morning came WAY too early and the moving men (my brother, dad, and different uncle were there) I was in no shape to move.

Why on earth would I get so mind numbingly intoxicated the night before a move?! Not my best decision of 2010. I'm happy to report that I was able to eat around 3 pm and slowly gained the color back in my cheeks and felt like I had a little bit of life back in me. I also proclaimed I was never drinking again. This, was a blatant lie as I'm going back to the Sox game tomorrow and it's nothing but American to watch baseball and enjoy a beer :)

So with that trip down scary memory lane, I feel nauseous and pathetic...haha

And one last look at the great loft that was my home. So far, the best place I've lived...




HAPPY WEEKEND to ALL!
Hope you're doing something really fun and enjoying the time off. I've got a busy day tomorrow but want to blog a great recipe I have, so fingers crossed I get it done :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel you! I HATE moving. And I had to move in May when I was about 6 months preggo. Talk about a disaster! I am sure it was just as bad being hungover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teehee! I had quite a celebration myself last night for a friend's birthday. My genius plan was to avoid the muss and fuss of large glasses containing caloric mixers and to pare it down to the straight basics. As in Patron shots. 4 down over a 3 hour period and I was still standing although using my husband for support. I "passed out" at home after a "4th Meal" of volcano tacos (UGH gross - did I really do that!?!) gripping the bed, face down and praying for the spinning to end...SO, take heart! you are certainly not alone - AND, I'm really proud that you have that bottle of water right there...

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!