Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, July 26, 2010

Grandma's Jewels

Vintage seems to be overtaking the world, at least the fashion world. Fashion has a history of repeating itself and vintage looks are no exception. Either you're buying something that looks old or you're lucky enough to score an original yourself!

My Grandma H. (Dad's Mom) had tons of fun jewelry. My dear Grandma left me all her fun jewels, brooches, and even her diamond wedding ring (I think I'm going to get it reset as a floating diamond necklace...) Let me tell you, all the jewelry is truly unique. I've never seen anything like them (with exception to 2 of the necklaces) and they always make me feel special when I'm wearing them.

My favorite is a very unique gold ring with opals. It's an eye catching piece and I wear it almost daily. I would be incredibly distraught if I ever lost it! I misplaced it for about a week and almost had a panic attack!





Then here's a quick collage of the rest:



-The crystal necklace has an aurora borealis color to it so its color is ever changing.
-The black seed bead necklace is awesome and has a couple possibilities. I usually twist it or wear it flat.
-The charm bracelet has a really sweet story to it. My Grandpa was an inventor/engineer for Nabisco and therefore my Dad's family moved around the country to wherever a Nabisco factory was opening. My Grandpa bought my Grandma a charm for every state they lived in. So sweet! It looks really cute on :)
-The ring is fun and different!
-The other bracelet is gold and pearls. It's very art deco to me. Also wore that to my cousin's wedding :)
-And the brooch is just pretty. Wore it in my hair for my cousin's wedding and dropped it on the floor and a pearl popped out (grrr)

What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Do you have any pieces passed down to you from family members?

I'll have to do a separate post of jewelry my Mom has given to me that my Dad had given to her :)



TOMORROW IS THE BAR EXAM!!! AHHHH!
I'm so nervous but absolutely ready for it to be OVER! I will post the winner of the giveaway tomorrow night but other than that, I'll be MIA until Wednesday evening when it's all over :)


Still time to enter! Enter by 11:59 CST Monday, July 26, 2010

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the bar! I'm sure you will rock it! A friend of mine will be taking hers shortly, so I know how stressed you may be.

    LOVE the vintage opal ring. I have a few pieces from my great-grandmother and I'm slowly taking ownership of my mother's jewelry box :)

    Natasha @ twenty-something blog
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to do AMAZING on the bar exam!!!!

    (ps love the ring!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD LUCK ON THAT EXAM!!!!!!! Oh how good you'll feel when it's all over!

    My "Granny Goose" (father's mom) is still perky and hilarious at 90 and has a sterling silver cuff bracelet that she has said will come to me one day. Otherwise, I really just wear my wedding set (simple, white gold) and a pandora double cord leather bracelet w/a few fun silver charm beads. Oh, and huge silver earring hoops!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!