Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Do You See What I See?


Image via Tham &Videgard

This reminds me of those freaky books that were all the rage in the 90s...you know the ones where it's a design and you're supposed to see something else in the picture too, like another shape? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't remember the name!!

So anyway, I saw this today online and had to do a double-take. Do you see it? It's a tree house hotel in Sweden that is completely mirrored on the outside. It's like being hidden in the forest but in plain sight. Very cool. And I bet this is making every backyard tree house in America look like a joke!

The idea behind the Eco friendly hotel comes from Tham & Videgard who are wildly talented and inspiring. Seriously, check out their recent works on their website. I had to pick my mouth off the floor after seeing some of their designs. Here are more pics of the hotel:

Chic modern interior with radiant heat floors & incinerating toilet...that sounds a bit scary
A special film is put on the outside only viewable by birds so they won't be slamming into the mirrors!

All images from Tham & Videgard

This tree house hotel is just another of the many eco-friendly hotels and resorts popping up all over the world. And to that I say, Kudos! I am proud to be a bit of a tree-hugger myself but I don't think it's a bad thing. Like you learn in 1st grade, it's our Earth and it's up to us to keep her clean! (that was cheesy, even for me...yikes) I don't think being Green is a fad, I think it's becoming necessary as we go forward. For those who disagree, that's okay. (Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one!)

As hotels are opting to be more environmentally friendly bits and pieces of eco-flair seem to be popping up everywhere. One of the first steps they seem to be taking is in their toiletry department and thank goodness for that. Nothing better than scoring a free oatmeal & honey soap or green tea shampoo!

If you're looking for your next Green hotel for vacay or just want to see what's out there look no further

So my question to you is this: Has anyone been to an eco-friendly resort or hotel? If so, where? What were your thoughts? 'Amazing, I'll do it again?' 'Weird and pretentious?'



If you want the to read the whole article about the Tree House Hotel click ME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!