Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, July 19, 2010

Jeweled Inspiration



Yesterday as I sat in Starbuck's drinking my iced latte I noticed two girls animatedly chatting next to me and plotting their day through the city. Then one girl's wrist caught my eye. There it was. The coolest & cutest piece of jewelry I've seen lately.

Ever see a piece of jewelry and instantly wish you had it? I could feel myself turning green with envy. Notorious for my mobile uploads (sneak attack pics of random things/people) I attempted to get a shot of the bracelet. Do you know how hard it is to get a pic of a bracelet when the wrist is flailing about?! Let's just say Plan A= Failed.

I finally thought to myself, screw it...and stood up. I walked over, told her I was sorry if I was being creepy (is this creepy, I don't know?) but I wanted to know where she got her adorable bracelet and if I could take a picture of it. She bought it in Toronto. Of course she did since I'm currently in Chicago! So I snapped a picture and have been thinking about it since.

I used to dabble in jewelry making back in high school. I loved the creativity of it and of course, the benefits. I had so many fun necklaces/bracelets. So it got me thinking...I need to try to make this bracelet!

I'm attaching some pics. Let me know if you've seen something like this or own one similar to it yourself. It feels very etsy to me...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE etsy!

If you're in the know about these stones/materials...let me know!






3 comments:

  1. wow, what a clever idea! I know zero about jewelry making or stones, but you are right - this could be a stellar Etsy offering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for you kind comments, I love them!

    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. DT: If I can find some materials and figure it out I'll definitely let you know and probably blog about it.

    You'll be the first to score one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!