Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Windy City. Literally.

So the news amped up our recent storm as possibly the worst we've seen in 70 years....the rain wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but the wind!! Wow, that was another story. I'm talking 40-55mph gusts. It was craaaazay.

People always think Chicago is called the Windy City because of our wind, however, that's not it at all. It's actually because Chicago's politicians were full of hot air.

A wrap dress might disagree with you on a gusty day. Ohh let me tell you. Sometimes when you're walking downtown and the wind is just right, well, your skirt will fly. And sometimes it gets blown up so high you're mooning the street. Sometimes. And this is why I swear by slips. No more booty action downtown!

So the wind came and went and that was really it. For now, I guess. I did love the fall temps though :)

I spent the morning at the gym because, like I blogged, I've got a swimsuit and a deadline. Not pretty. I'm currently re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and decided to be a huge nerd and bring it with me while I rode the bike. Multitasking people! I was a bit embarrassed, but oh well.



I wore my new Ann Taylor Loft tunic sweater today and I'm in love. Incredibly comfortable but not bulky. I paired it with my tomboy AG jeans and navy Chuck Taylors. Nice and Simple.



I love the cuff and it's a great dark rinse

Close detailing of the sweatshirt, Maya Brenner sideways 'E' necklace. LOVE this.


I decided to make Valerie's Chicken Tortilla Soup and it was a hit!! So tasty and filling!




I'll definitely be making this again. Only thing I changed with the recipe was the tortilla strips. I sprayed 4 tortillas with olive oil cooking spray instead of deep frying them. Then I sprinkled some chili seasoning and sea salt on top and baked them at 425 for 10-15 minutes until they were crispy. Then I cut them up and threw them on top of the soup. YUM!

2 days until my return to the good ol' college days in Iowa City!

5 comments:

  1. I love that E necklace! I've been flirting with a D one for a few months now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about that wind! caraaazy. And..also, sometimes cars driving by while you're walking will produce the perfect updraft when wearing a skirt. just saying.*blush*

    ReplyDelete
  3. the E necklace NEED that! - LOVES - and the sweatshirt - KILLER! - u nailed it love!!!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika

    PS - spreading the word - come one come all and
    *Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the casual look of your outfit. the chucks are so perfect!!

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about your weather on the news yesterday. So crazy! But I must say, I love the rain, thunder and lightening. I wish Cali got more of it.

    xo M

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!