Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Excess Weekend

My weekend was just one of those that was over the top and busy from the get-go!

Friday my girl friends and I met up for our Friday Night Book Club. If you think book clubs are lame, you're sorely mistaken! It is always a riot. We normally pick a book, take anywhere from 4-6 weeks and then have the book club on a Friday night. The girl who hosts supplies the dinner and then we assign appetizers, desserts and wine to everyone else. We eat, drink, and laugh! I think talking about the book takes up about 10% of the night ;) Are any of you in a book club??

This Friday we read Never Let Me Go and I have to say...I didn't finish. It was not catching me and I just couldn't push myself through it. Only 7 of us made it on Friday and 3 read it. haha, whoops! But we did have delicious white chili, Sprinkles cupcakes and 9 bottles of wine. Yes 9 bottles for 7 people. And 2 stopped drinking very early in the night. Can you say lushes??


I love how everyone is crowding around the cupcakes, I couldn't even get there in time before they were getting snatched up!


Saturday K had about 20 people over for the Iowa/Michigan game. Iowa won :) and again there was more booze than food. We had Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches...o...m...g. So delicious. And I set up a Bloody Mary bar and I must say so myself, it was GOOD. I love a good Bloody Mary.




Wow, if you didn't think I was a drunk, you will after reading those two paragraphs hahaha.

Sunday was topped off with my cousin J & J's baby shower. Baby M is due on New Year's Eve and we're all anxiously awaiting his/her arrival! They got the cutest stuff and this gorgeous lamb bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. And I loved their super modern high chair. I think it's super cute.




So that was my non-stop, beverage-filled, stomach hurts from laughing weekend! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and here's to hoping this week flies by!

5 comments:

  1. wow love that high chair. I went to Zara this weekend and all the clothing, this high chair..all this cool stuff seriously makes me want to have a baby. Is that wrong? ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH IOWA!!!
    and yes...lushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book club sounds like a blast! And sprinkles are my favorite cupcakes ever. The red velvet is the best around (I also love vanilla though). Sounds like you had a really great weekend!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be in a book club!!!!

    And I am very jealous of those cupcakes... not so much of the wine--I lushed out myself this weekend--so I'm just jealous of the sweets :)

    ChuckRefreshed

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!