Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Social Network


I just saw The Social Network this afternoon and like many people, I loved it. I really enjoyed Aaron Sorkin's fast-paced, quick-wit dialogue and the realness of the interaction. Did anyone see it?

It got me thinking about the different social networks that are on the internet. Obviously there's Facebook but I feel like I've made a few friends through Blogger :)

So I looked at my Facebook page immediately when I got home and noticed the different types of Facebookers out there. Here's what I've come up with:

1. The Over-Sharer. You know the girl who posts posed pictures of her kissing her boyfriend. Or pictures of them laying in bed all intertwined. Or my personal fave, the girl who only has profile pictures of her in her bikini. Uhhh....


2. The Way Too Emotional Facebooker. Ahh yes, every status update is a drama-full, emo-laced quote stating how hard/horrible/depressing it is. Or sappy quotes talking about how they're getting over a bad relationship. Please don't air your dirty laundry here.


3. The Brag-o-saurus. "Caribbean in the morning staying at the 4 seasons!!!" "Just spent 4 hours in Chanel, sigh" "Front row at the Knicks game!!" "Sitting next to Leo's table in Vegas! OMG I love being VIP!" BARF. These types just really irritate me. I love the 'hide' feature for these people.


4. Self-Obsessed? Who? Me? Oh you know this kind! Profile pictures that are solo shots and seriously posed. Kissy faces (umm duck face?) seductively aimed at the camera. Constant status update about keeping themselves perfectly groomed. "double at the gym, shouldn't gorged last night!" "just spend so much at MAC, gotta stay cute!" "Obsessed with spray tanning, year round glow ;) "


5. Why Are You Even On Here? The person who doesn't have a profile picture. Or a profile for that matter. Who doesn't show any pictures. Who doesn't respond to your wall posts. Who basically has a facebook to what? Just creep on others while adding nothing to the 'book!?!


6. Would You Like My Daily Agenda? "Gym, doctor's appointment, lunch, working" "Laundry, cleaning, and making lasagna for dinner!" "work 'til 6, gym with Joe, dinner at home and then 90210!!" I'm sorry, I didn't need a daily rundown of your life. Hmmm



Maybe that's just my Facebook friend list...Do any of your friends fit this list? I'm sure I annoy people on Facebook too...I should watch out! haha

And a HUGE thank you to everyone for the well wishes and messages! I had a fabulous weekend celebrating and I couldn't be more relieved to be 1 step closer to getting a real, full-time legal job!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I was looking at your blog and I like it. I want to invite you to become my blog friend, and if you follow me, I will follow you...

    What do you think?

    I hope to hear from you soon.

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahhaha, these are AWESOME and SO true! I immediately thought of one Facebook friend for each. I will laugh about this for the rest of the week! Thanks for making me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally hide some people too, including the braggers, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! This post made me laugh!

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a cool post - too true on all counts.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!