Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What Constitutes Art?

I know art is a very personal thing. I have pieces I adore that I'm sure others would never own.

But when magazines try doing Art issues, you think hmm poses? art of fashion? art of photos? Do you ever think art of breasts painted silver?

I ask this because Kim Kardashian recently shot for W's Art issue. Sure, that's nice but is it art?? She posed naked with large, flowing hair and a silver painted body. I'll let you decide if it's art or not.






Via

Do you think this is an artistic photo? Or do you think it's just another scandalous spread driven for attention?!

6 comments:

  1. I think it's a scandalous spread...

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's both scandalous AND art. I appreciate Kim because she has a real body and represents a different type of women. I think nudity is something that makes people uncomfortable, but it really is a beautiful thing. So while I wouldn't necessarily hang this on a wall, I still appreciate it.

    norma
    norma-inthisworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I'm going to go with both, I think. I appreciate that she represents a different body than the norm - but at the same time, I'm not sure it's necessary?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you could call that art. But its not the good kind of art - at least not the kind I appreciate.
    (BOY is her ass huge)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is not my cup of tea and i think it's just another ploy for her to stay in the media. really...let us ask ourselves - what does this person do? she shops.

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think that art exists the minute either 1. a person creates something and considers it art, and/or 2. a person sees something and considers it art.

    Personally, these pics are just sort of baffling ~ I'm not sure what the point is...

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!