Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, October 25, 2010

All I See is Stripes

Ever go shopping and buy a bunch of things, return home and realize there is definitely a common theme to your excursion?

Let me start off by showing you my theme...



Yes, that's right. 4 different stores. 4 striped purchases. And the best part? I didn't even realize I was buying so many striped clothes!!

I spent this Sunday shopping and enjoying the unusually warm Chicago temperatures. It's actually becoming a bit creepy...It's almost November!! Now I'm sure many people are loving this. I, however, am not. I want FALL! I want crisp air and cold breezes. I want sweater weather. This warm weather is ruining everything! Because we will not get a Fall in December, people! NO! It will turn to frigid cold and painful wind chills of -10. Believe me, it's my 26th year here.

Whew, so enough about the weather. Let's talk shopping! Did anyone else hit the stores this weekend? Was it just me or was everything on sale?? Ann Taylor Loft had 30% everything and additional 50% off sale. Anthro had so much stuff I couldn't keep my head on straight. Gap, Banana, Macy's, Francesca's, it goes on and on!

I thought I'd share with you some of my finds this weekend...

I love Voluspa candles. If you haven't tried one, you must! Dainty flower earrings from Anthropologie and this adorable small notebook for my purse (I always carry one) Which by the way has 4 "books" inside. Perfect for OCD people like me for to-do lists, grocery lists, random lists. Hmm yet another theme?





As for my stripe mania. I picked up a blue & white layering tank from Anthro with cute gold buttons and a pin-tucked neckline. A purple & cream v-neck from ATLoft with adorable buttons on the sleeves. A very nautical sundress, from Francesca's, for my Thanksgiving vacation. And finally the red & white pocket tee from Gap for Where's Waldo and future Fall days.





I also got a fun sweatshirt from ATLoft with a cool neckline. And a staple cardigan to add to my closet.



Finally, a fun printed silk dress from Anthropologie. I love the warm purple tones and the print. Plus it's crazy comfortable.




I've never done an outfit post but with the torrential rain we had at times this weekend I thought I'd show you the two loves of my lives: Hunter Boots & my North Face Trench. The reason I bought the trench was because I needed a quality trench with a hood for when I'm hustling around downtown for either work or play. Normally I wouldn't think NF + Suit = cute, but this one actually has a very urban chic look to it. You can find one similar, here.

oh my gosh...I even wore a striped shirt this weekend. I seriously have a problem. It's intervention time!

How was your weekend?
Did you find any good Fall items out shopping?

6 comments:

  1. I love all your stripes. I just don't think you can ever have enough (no help on the intervention front over here!)

    And I totally have that voluspa whopper! It is sooooo good - YAY!!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the dress and all those stripes! I have been drawn to stripes these past few weeks as well. Great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that is one successful shopping trip, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put on stripes this morning then changed for some reason... I shouldn't have!
    love that anthro dress on you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did some shopping too, had a sweater theme.:D Haha, I can totally relate with stripe mania.

    Happy Tuesday!:D


    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a sweet shopping trip! Random -- were you wearing stripes as you shopped? I've noticed that I often buy items in a similar color or pattern to what I'm wearing as I shop. Perhaps this could solve the mystery phenomenon!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!