Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Six Weeks Out...

...from this:




I cannot wait. I live for vacation. Seriously. I always like to have one on the books...gives you something to look forward to!

Now on that note. I'm six weeks out from margaritas. seafood. SPF. and a swimsuit. Ugh. I need to get my act together and get serious about working out. Apparently Fall to me means lots of sweets and comfort food. This is not good for a bikini!

So I must kick-start my game and head to more Yoga classes. Hit the gym and actually do some cardio.


And...I must try to step away from all the cupcakes and cookies in my way :( Not an easy feat for someone with my kind of sweet tooth!


Via
And on that note, if you're ever in Chicago and want a FABULOUS cupcake, go to Sugar Bliss. You will NOT be disappointed. They're heavenly.

Do you guys have any vacations coming up? How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym? I've got to get out of this lazy funk!

7 comments:

  1. I don't have any vacations planned and it HAS me in a funk. Boo! (and I don't mean halloween). When we went to Hawaii I worked out for a month in advance right in my livingroom - pilates and Jillian Michaels. Totally worked!

    I bet you can't wait!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to plan my summer trip to Japan next year! BTW, that cupcake looks amazing :)

    <3, natasha
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am struggling with the exact same problem! (Well, without the fabulous trip as a motivator.) Keeping lots of gym clothes in my car always helps me, as does telling myself I only have to go for half an hour. I usually stay longer, but breaking it into smaller times makes it easier to feel like I can go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I need a vacation too :/ I used to do floor exercises in front of the tv but I've been too lazy.. a vacation is always a good motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay vacation!!!! And for real, I've been making so many yummy desserts, plus something happened to my fut so I can't run - not a good mix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That SO exciting that you have a vacation planned in just a few weeks! But I know what you mean about thinking of bikinis when it's cold and rainy. This weather definitely makes me crave all things cheesy/chocolatey. Having a vacation planned is such great motivation though! Whenever I'm trying to eat better, I throw away all the junk food in my apartment and buy lots of good food and healthy snacks. That usually helps me. But it's hard to do!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I realized you posted this a while ago but my best tip (and pretty much the only one that gets me there) is to make myself go to the gym if there's a show on I want to watch. That sounds really pathetic but its so effective for me. If there's an episode of 30 Rock or Modern Family on, you can bet my butt is on the treadmill watching it. I also have a horrible sweet tooth. I usually do well with moderation but when I'm upset all bets go out the window!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!