Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, April 18, 2011

Shots of the Weekend

I had a really great weekend.

Friday was take-out and on-demanding Country Strong.
Has anyone seen it? Holy depressing story. I'm not a huge Gwyneth fan but she did nail it!

Saturday was my blind blogger date with Allison. It was SO fun. We hugged like old friends when we met at Hot Chocolate in Wicker Park and instantly I felt like I'd known Allison for 10 years. We waited in the lounge for a while and chatted before our deeelish brunch.

Of course, we started with an appetizer. Doesn't everyone start brunch with an app? ha.

Mini doughnut sticks with raspberry preserves. So good.


But better when washed down with a blood orange Bellini
(a new twist that was thoroughly enjoyed)



I then ordered the Brioche French Bread



and Allison got the Quiche. Both were a hit!




After a couple hours of story-telling and many a laughs, we braved the bi-polar Chicago weather for some shopping.

We scoped out Vintage Underground which has so much jewelry you could go blind and decided we're definitely hitting up more thrift stores and possible estate sales when the weather changes.

It was a fabulous day and I'm so happy we met up. Now we're on to planning date number 2 :)



Oh and I saw Superwoman on the way to Wicker Park. No big deal...


5 comments:

  1. Saw Country Strong on Friday night...
    cried like a baby (but only bc a majority of the songs related to an ex) needless to say I was a blubbering mess post movie.
    I agree with the Gwyneth comment... I'm usually not a fan, but she did very well with this movie.

    ChuckRefreshed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling over the doughnut sticks and bellinis right now. What a fantastic place! Sound like you had a great weekend! The weather in LA has been bipolar lately too. It was 80 degrees on Saturday and this week it's in the low 60s. Such a tease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you passed my car on the road, bahahha :) Love it. I had SO much fun and can't wait to get together again. Now if the dang Chicago weather would just get its crap together...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those donut sticks look delish! Definitely craving some sweets right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!