Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, April 4, 2011

New Twist on An Old Classic

I adore pizza. And Chicago pizza IS the best. No debate. But pizza doesn't always have to be red sauce and mozzarella. You can make it completely your own.

Here are two funky pizzas I've made recently.

The Post St. Patty's Pie:
-Corned Beef
-Sauerkraut
-Swiss Cheese
-Thousand Island




Put a small amount (or however much you'd like) of 1,000 Island on the crust. Then the 'kraut. Followed by corned beef. Slice the swiss cheese and cover the entire pizza. Then bake it at 425 for 12-15 minutes.




Fiesta Pizza
-Black Beans
-Chorizo
-Diced Chilies
-Shredded Cheese
-Tomatoes

Layer the chorizo, black beans, chilis, tomatoes and cheese on the crust. Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes. Delicious! I added sliced avocado after baking and it was the perfect topper!





Gosh, now I want pizza again...

3 comments:

  1. ahhh! can't try my first pizza when i move to chicago!

    norma
    norma-inthisworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No argument here... Chicago pizza is the best! That second one with the avocado looks sinful... it must be amazing!

    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    B.

    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chorizo just might be the best thing on earth. And combining mexican food and pizza is brilliant. Both of these look amazing, Erin! I definitely need to get more creative with my pizzas. I usually stick with pepperoni because it's easy. But after seeing this, I'm going to have to experiment. Last night I went to a pizza place and had a potato, truffle oil, and chicken pizza. Sounds weird but it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!