Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, April 11, 2011

Easy Embossing

A while back I decided I was going to make the invitations for my brother & his fiance's shower. This then prompted a visit to Michael's and assisting Ms. Stewart in adding to her ridiculous fortune. I will hand it to her...I wanted every single one of her craft pieces.


ANYWAY... I've decided that I'm going to emboss the invitations. Not the entire invitation as that would take so much time (and mini letters) but an image and then A's name on the invite.

In the middle of buying a bunch of stuff for these invites I found adorable initial stamps (you know my weakness for my initial...) so I bought a bunch for my family and friends. I then made them some cute stationery that was so easy to make and if I do say so myself, effortlessly cute.




The finished product. A nice surprise to send J!




Stamps for my friend J's stationery. Plus the stamp pad that is clear and acts like a glue for the powder.

1. Firmly press the stamp onto the embossing pad, then onto your card. Be careful not to roll the stamp back and forth.


Pretty embossing colors!

2. Sprinkle embossing powder over the stamped image on your card. Dust off additional powder surrounding the image. Anything you leave on the paper will adhere so this is very important to do!



Funny looking heating tool...

3. In circular motions holding the tool 2-3" above the image, go over the embossing powder until it sets. You will be able to see it change before your eyes.


Finished product!

I love the way embossing looks because it is raised off of the paper!


Have you ever embossed or used different methods to design cards and stationery?

I'll be sure to do a post of the invitations I make. So far I've narrowed it down to the design including a peacock feather!

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I have a love/hate relationship with Michael's. I always go in with something in mind I need to buy and then get sucked in and buy so many other things I don't need (but really, I do need them.)!

    xo lamb

    Lamb Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks GREAT!
    I love how it turned out!!

    Im always hesitant about the embossing products (especially MS) because of the price, but your post may have just changed my mind for my next DIY related gift for a friend's baby shower.

    ChuckRefreshed

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I have always been too afraid to take the plunge and try it myself!
    Have a good monday!
    xo kmw

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing, Erin! I've never done anything like this and had no idea they made clear stamp pads and powder for the coloring. This is all new to me. It looks beautiful! What a great gift idea. I might have to go get some and make gifts for people soon! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh that looks really cute! I've never embossed anything before but I have always liked embossed items. Hopefully I can go down to the nearest craft shop to buy a few stuff to get me started on embossing and I will be good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need everything in these photos. I'm Hobby Lobby's bitch and buy almost any craft item that graces the shelves but I haven't spotted MS' embossing goods, definitely going to have to look into this.

    PS- a giveaway of a few personalized stationary cards would be pretty funking adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!