Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oats. Bananas. Chocolate. Perfection

Everyone needs a good cookie recipe. For me, that includes the priceless recipe box previously owned by my Grandma H. She used her typewriter to make recipe cards and some she wrote by hand. If there was a fire in my house, I would definitely run towards this box.

I love finding new recipes too. The internet is great for that. It's also a hot mess because people always say "oh well I added 1/8th more of cinnamon and reduced the butter by 2 TBs and then baked for an extra 2 minutes"

No one needs to read that, do they? We're looking for a recipe here not a tryout for Top Chef.

Yesterday I whipped up a batch of these banana & chocolate cookies with oats.

They are chewy.

They are all different shapes and sizes.

And most importantly.... they are DELICIOUS.



Add this to your must try list and you will not be disappointed!



4 comments:

  1. these sound AMAZING. bananas + chocolate is ALWAYS in a win in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these little babies look great!! perfect for breakfast with a side of tea. and lunch with a milkshake and dinner with a glass of wine. i need therapy.

    xo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um YUM!!! I am adding this to my list of recipes to print & try when I get back home this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of your recipe box from your grandma. I always wished my mom or grandma would write their recipes down and put them all in a box for me. These cookies look amazing! I'm so lame, I totally do that with the recipe changes, like "I added this or omitted that." Haha. I'll stop doing it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!