Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hummingbird Cake

I had this once at Table 52 (which is so good, please go!) and since then I've had dreams about it.

I originally stumbled upon the recipe last year in the Food Network magazine so when I was put in charge of bringing a dessert to Easter, this was first pick.

It is a wee bit labor intensive, but not horrible. And the outcome is WELL worth it!!
I took most of the pictures on my phone bc my hands were waaay to sticky for my camera.




Chopped pineapple, bananas & roasted pecans.


Mix together & add to flour mixture


Bake (keep an eye on the time, mine were ready almost 10 mins earlier than 50-55 minute guideline.





Delicious & Easy Cream Cheese Frosting with Lemon Zest



Ta-Da! Hummingbird Cake!


It safely made it's way to my cousin's table for Easter!



I really enjoyed this cake and am thinking about making another batch for the Royal Wedding Party I'm going to Thursday night!

6 comments:

  1. I've heard of hummingbird cake but never tried it. This looks incredible, Erin! I love the way you decorated it too, so cute for Easter! And what a great idea about having a Royal Wedding Party. I can't wait to see the wedding and what her dress looks like. Hope you had a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh...my stomach just growled. I need to make some yummy things like that one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it wrong that i want to make this for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was JUST thinking about hummingbird cake! I'm definitely making this soon :) and your decorations are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starving right now and this is way too tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake sounds reallllly good! I might have to try it sometime SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!