Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard of 2011!!

I'm sure most of you have heard, read, or watched the news coverage of the great blizzard of 2011. Chicago is supposed to get hit hard! :(

"Every Chicago resident should brace for a storm that will be remembered for a long time, there is no reason to believe, at this point, that the storm will miss the city."
said Jose Santiago, head of the Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications.

The blizzard warning for Tuesday and Wednesday forecasts up to 20 inches of snow. Wind gusts of up to 60 mph will create whiteout conditions, making travel nearly impossible, possibly flooding stretches of the lakefront and knocking down power lines.

The snow is expected to hit between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. today, falling at 1 to 2 inches per hour. The worst is expected to come between 9 p.m. today and 5 a.m. Wednesday with a snowfall rate of 3 to 4 inches per hour, Santiago said. Lake effect snow could add an additional 6 inches. (via Chicago Breaking News)

It's going to be brutal! And honestly, part of me is sad I won't be there to witness the Blizzard of 2011!!


I hope all my friends and family stay safe and warm during the Blizzard!

On a lighter note...Here's something to warm everyone up!




Stay warm, everyone!

And share your blizzard pictures!!

6 comments:

  1. I have no words to express my jealousy right now. I will make sure to experience the blizzard for you and give a full report assuming I survive :)

    Soak up some rays for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am struggling between very happy for you and so jelly! But I am still VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!! Hawaii is by far my most favorite place in the world. Thank God you are nowhere near that blizzard that's about to hit!!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so jealous. Boston is terrible right now. You should have invited me along....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come I didn't get an invite?! ;) haha!

    xoxo, natasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're having a great time in Hawaii Erin! It's one of my favourite places!

    p.s. I've got your blog button on my blog now.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. this storm is taking the nation!! I'm keeping on top of it through all my midwest fam and friends!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!