Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, June 20, 2011

simple & delicious

I am a huge brunch person. It's funny to me that about 10 years ago I couldn't stand breakfast food (besides my dad's homemade biscuits & gravy)

One of my favorite treats is Eggs Benedict. Unfortunately it's not that good for you. Hmpf. So I figured why not try to make something somewhat similar?

I found that by subbing the hollandaise sauce with a creamy laughing cow cheese that I got the creamy taste of a sauce/cheese without the heaviness of hollandaise sauce.

Sure, it's not gourmet. And you might not like laughing cow cheese. But if you're craving an eggs benedict without the need for an hour in the gym, give it a shot! I swear, it's tasty!

Simply toast an english muffin.

Spread your laughing cow cheese of choice (this time it was swiss)



Layer a slice of deli ham....I'm a sucker for black forest ham.

Add a poached egg, or sunny side up, or whatever you want.

(I have a weakness for fried eggs!)



Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. yummy! gotta try it :)

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog
    enter my jcrew giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to stop reading your blog when I'm hungry.
    The last handful of posts have not been encouraging to my anti-late night snacking!!


    ;)

    ChuckRefreshed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eggs Benedict is my favourite too! But I have an allergy to eggs, possibly caused by my overexposure to eating so many when I was younger :-)).

    Have a great day Erin!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!