Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Woes

So this weekend was a bit, uh, stressful.

Friday: My dear friend, J, and I decide to go see Blue Valentine. (Super good, honest, depressing) He walks to the right to get his ticket. I go to the left. I hand the teenager my Debit Card to have him tell me it's denied. WHAT? I say. That's impossible. I knew I had cash in there, I text Chase, and sure enough $ in my account. I ask him to run it again. Declined.

Via Chase

Now I'm just humiliated. I have $2 in cash so I hand him my credit card. I then proceed to walk into the theater feeling like a dirt bag. J and I laugh but it's not funny.

Saturday: I go to Chase and surprise, surprise! I have money! Some guy in Houston accidentally CLOSED MY DEBIT CARD! ughhhh! 2 clicks later and I'm back in business.
Still hugely embarrassed, though.

Then later in the day my brother and I are walking to his car when I hit a patch of black ice and WHOOSH. Next thing I know I'm laying on my back covered in snow. Great.


Via

AND Finally. I'm driving to meet my cousin when I realize there's a cop. Whoops. I tap my break to slow down. Nope. Pulled over. Very expensive ticket follows.
:(

To make matters worse, I have to go to the police station to pay my bond to get my license back because I need it to travel on Saturday. (Passports are SUCH a hassle when you just need a license) and my court date is when I'm on vacation. Talk about bad timing.

SO yeah, that was my weekend. Talk about the curse of the 3s!! Let's just hope nothing else happens. XX (those are my crossed fingers!)

Hope your weekend was better than mine!!


6 comments:

  1. :( Wishing you a MUCH MUCH better week :)

    Xoxo, Natasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! It's the most embarrassing thing when your card is declined, especially when you are sure you have money. Fingers crossed everything gets much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, so sorry to hear about your bad weekend! The debit card thing happened to me before...so humiliating...and the black ice thing just happened recently in front of a friend...laying there on my back like a bug and unable to get up on my own...
    Wishing you a fabulous week!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a ticket this weekend too!
    I got a doosie... waiting for my lovely court date and citation to appear in the mail.

    (I'm a little upset that I got pulled over outside of my county--I could have easily gotten out of all the hassle of traffic court since I WORK at MY county's courthouse--dammit).

    I hope you have a better week!!!


    ChuckRefreshed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw so sorry. Hope things are looking up by now!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!