Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oscar, Oscar

I absolutely love the Oscars. The red carpet, the winners, the speeches. You name it. Here is a list of the 2011 Academy Award Nominees along with who I think will win in the more mainstream categories. Sorry, I don't get Sound Editing and Sound Mixing...

There were some surprise nominations along the way this year...Jeremy Renner for The Town. That was unexpected to me. He definitely was good but I was surprised!



Best picture

"Black Swan"

The Fighter"

"Inception"

"The Kids Are All Right"

"The King’s Speech"

"127 Hours"

"The Social Network"

"Toy Story 3"

"True Grit"

"Winter’s Bone"

Actor

Javier Bardem, "Biutiful"
Jeff Bridges, "True Grit"
Jesse Eisenberg, "The Social Network"
Colin Firth, "The King's Speech"
James Franco, "127 Hours"

Actress

Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
Nicole Kidman, "Rabbit Hole"
Jennifer Lawrence, "Winter's Bone"
Natalie Portman, "Black Swan"
Michelle Williams, "Blue Valentine"

Supporting actor

Christian Bale, "The Fighter"
John Hawkes, "Winter's Bone"
Jeremy Renner, "The Town"
Mark Ruffalo, "The Kids Are All Right"
Geoffrey Rush, "The King's Speech"

Supporting actress

Amy Adams, "The Fighter"
Helena Bonham Carter, "The King's Speech"
Melissa Leo, "The Fighter"
Hailee Steinfeld, "True Grit"
Jacki Weaver, "Animal Kingdom"

Director

Darren Aronofsky, "Black Swan"
David O. Russell, "The Fighter"
Tom Hooper, "The King's Speech"
David Fincher, "The Social Network"
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "True Grit"

Animated feature

"How to Train Your Dragon"
"The Illusionist"
"Toy Story 3"

Adapted screenplay

"127 Hours"
"The Social Network"
"Toy Story 3"
"True Grit"
"Winter’s Bone"

Original screenplay

"Another Year"
"The Fighter"
"Inception"
"The Kids Are All Right"
"The King’s Speech"


My picks are in BOLD but the ones I had trouble with I Italicized because I'm so torn!!

Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Screenplay were the hardest ones for me to pick.


Do you watch the Oscars? Who are your Oscar picks?!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the Oscars, too! Can't ever miss them! Back in Germany I always stayed up all night long to watch them live because of the 7 hour time delay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment yesterday was so funny! I totally forgot about the purse dial, haha. I hate when my phone does that! It has a mind of its own sometimes. The only movie on the whole list that I've seen is The Town, so I feel like I need to see a few more before making my picks. But I do hope Natalie Portman wins because I love her.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love how you laid it all out for me :) Thanks!! I am pulling for Natalie Portman too.

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sick and missed the entire line up. Thanks for the rundown!! That's pretty crazy about Jeremy in The Town. I did love that movie though.

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched it :( I just wait for the results to come out online, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this! I am so behind on Oscar buzz. I MUST see the King's Speech and Black Swan before the Big event!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!