Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BBq



I am a huge fan of barbecue and Southern home cooking. So when a friend wanted to meet for dinner I hopped on the chance to try Chicago q.





It did NOT disappoint.

You are given homemade BBQ chips and Bread & Butter Pickles right when you sit down. YUM!! The pickles were absolutely delicious.



I ended up getting the pulled pork sandwich with honey butter cornbread. My friend, J, got the BBq flight with brisket, chicken & pulled pork. We also split the mac & cheese that came in the cutest little cast iron skillet.




Everything was so good. I mean, seriously, taste bud overload. Plus the best part of q? You don't have to choose just 1 type of BBq. They give you 4 of their sauces! So you can try their: Original Mild, Spicy, Eastern North Carolina Vinegar and South Carolina Mustard Sauce! They did not disappoint.



The restaurant is in the heart of the Gold Coast at 1160 N. Dearborn. If you're a fan of q you definitely need to make time to head around the corner to 52 W. Elm and try Table Fifty-Two. Indescribably delicious.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you know I HAVE to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Chicago Q a few months ago and loooooooved it! The BBQ flight was phenomenal, and as I was there to celebrate an anniversary, the surprise cookies for dessert was a great touch. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!