Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend of Celebrations!

Whew, that extra hour came and went and I still need more time! Time to recover, that is. This weekend was full of shenanigans!

We celebrated my snazzy license...




Terrible picture but you get the point.

...and a celebration isn't complete without delicious chocolate cake! Mmm. We stopped by a favorite of mine in the South Loop:
Gioco.


Then Saturday night it was time to party for my cousin J's 30th birthday.

Or as we so lovingly called it, The Dirty Thirty.

My whole family came to Moonshine for dinner and laughs. The youngins then headed out for the night throughout Wicker Park and the West Loop. It was a long night. You know...we crashed a different 30th birthday and joined in on the limbo and danced in the middle of the group. Just a normal, quiet night. Riiight.

I, being the ever so responsible one, left early.
At 3:30am. WHAAAT? Yeah. MMM-HMM. That, my friends, is what I like to call a PLD (Poor Life Decision). The rest of the gang made it home at 5:30 (or so I'm told) I guess the Dirty 30 brings out the crazy in all of us! Here was my outfit of the night:

Walls of mirrors :)

Black Blazer from Anthropologie. (this baby gets so much use!)
Top w/ built in necklace from Collective Concepts (looks like this)
Skinny Jeans from Old Navy (and honestly my fave, from last fall)

Intyce Boots from Steven. The ones everybody seems to have.
H&M Red Crossbody bag that I love even more since it was a whopping $19.


I recommend the Palmer House Hilton for anyone coming in to Chicago for the night or weekend. The hotel is very 1920's Chicago glamour and really is something. Potter's Lounge has good drinks and was a relaxing start to our fun filled night. Plus, PHH has tons of mirrors everywhere for my random self shots...haha

How amazing are these door knobs?! So intricate!


The Lobby area of the hotel. So glam :)

Hope you had a fabulous weekend and got the most of your extra 60 minutes!! Did you do anything fun?!

3 comments:

  1. frame that certificate asap!!! And show us a picture of it proudly displayed on your wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your license and I love your outfit. That necklace is fab. 3:30?? AM?? Haha. That sounds like a fun night. Happy birthday to your cousin!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. that license sure looks good!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!