Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Saving Face

I'm a total product junkie. There I said it. Admitting you have a problem is the first step. I wanted to share my problem with you too...I know some of you have a problem like me :)

Here are my go-to facial products:




I recently got a facial and was told I should use a toner after cleansing. I took the aesthetician's advice and bought Aveda's Green Science Replenishing Toner. After 10 days of using it, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. It has a great smell and really feels like it's shrinking my pores and closing them off to dirt, etc. I bought the travel size which was $14.50 compared to the $39 for the larger size. When I'm done with this, I'll definitely buy the large one!



Anyone looking for a light, gel-like moisturizer that will work overtime should try Clinique's 'Moisture Surge' Extended Thirst Relief. It's the lightest moisturizer and it is so good at what it does! I use this nightly.


With cold weather and sharp winds coming our way, it's more important than ever to keep your lips soft and smooth. I have used countless lip exfoliators but Philosophy's is my favorite. It's sweet and simple. Put it on your lips. Smush (very proper terminology here) them back and forth. Rinse. Baby soft lips ;) I'm a big fan of Philosophy and swear by their Purity face wash. I mix it up between the cream cleanser and the foaming cleanser.



For traveling I like to bring Pond's Cleansing Cloths with me. I just saw Philosophy makes Purity cleansing cloths. Although Pond's are quite cheaper....If it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

For my day moisturizer, I use MAC's Studio Moisture Fix SPF 15. I use this under my make-up and like that it has SPF in it. However, I just saw they make one with SPF 50 in it and I'm thinking I've got to go try that now....but I'm worried it might be more primer, less moisturizer. Anybody have it?? Details, please!




What are your favorite face products?

4 comments:

  1. I just recently bought bliss face lotion and loooove it. it smells so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neutrogena make up remover...and that's it. Sad, I know. I should def start using some kind of moisturizer/anti wrinkle every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the same Philosophy and MAC products as well! I'm using Kiehl's products right now but I might go back and use some more Philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Clinique moisture surge, it has such a nice consistency. I'm crazy about Benefit's You Rebel tinted moisturizer, its a great replacement for foundation when you don't have a lot of blemishes to cover.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!