Fabulous header picture from i.Anton

Monday, November 1, 2010

Just a Quick Change

I have a lot of jewelry that I still own but never wear. Whether I don't like the style, the fit, or I'm just not feeling it, I hardly get rid of my pieces.

While cleaning out my jewelry the other day I came across this necklace that I haven't worn since I was a junior in college. I don't like the way it lays but I love the beads...I knew I had to revamp it somehow.

So I changed it up. I've made jewelry before so I had all the wire, clamps, etc. If you don't know how to make jewelry, I promise you it's not too difficult. Head to your local Michael's or bead store and I'm sure they'll give you some insider tips :) Google helps too!

I wanted to show you the before and after so you'll know that you don't always have to ditch your jewelry or throw it in the back of the drawer...you just have to restyle it!


Necklace


Sloppy picture, but you get the idea.


I still have a ton of leftover beads so now I just have to figure out what to do with them!

Have you ever taken something old and put new life into it? Do you make jewelry? Or restyle your old clothes? Do share!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice!! I need to think about doing this...such a good idea, I wouldn't have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea...

    PS Having a great giveaway, come on by http://bellagetsreal.blogspot.com/2010/11/csn-giveaway.html to enter.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your comments. Don't like reading spam...just thought we should clear that up!